2.25 Petrol idle problem Series 2a

L19MUD

My Series has never really caused me any problems and always starts easily despite being left for up to a month at a time without starting.

I used it a couple of times last week, including driving it the 7 miles to work. No problems on the way there or back until I pulled up outside my house ready to reverse in the drive. When the revs dropped to idle (engine fully warm) the engine cut out.

It restarted easily but cut out as soon as the revs dropped

I have gone back to it since it cooled and it is now exactly the same , as soon as the revs drop off it stalls. Why would this suddenly happen? Time to take the carb to bits and clean it out?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies - slightly embarrassed to admit I haven't had time to look at it!

I did have time to pop the bonnet and see that it actually has a Weber carb, if that makes a difference? The vacuum hose (or what I think is the vacuum hose) has been cut to an inch or so long and blocked off with a bolt in it!

Thanks for the tip re air hose. I will try that. is it worth sticking some carb cleaner through it?

• 4 weeks later...