Another year and another MOT pass!

MOT wasn't due until the end of the month but I thought I would get it in early. Did no preperation for the MOT, mostly because I've been working on the Beetle and the BMW so it has kinda taken a back seat.

So took her in this morning, got a call at 1:30 to say she had failed on the hazzards not working. So I went to collect her and had a look at the fuses in the test stations car park before I drove home. I've had a couple of electrical gremlins due to the fuses getting damp and messing around so I wiggled the fuse and it started working. I kinda knew/hoped that this would be the issue so went and grabbed the tester, he looked, and now I have a brand new MOT with no advisories!

She's done me proud (again)!

Congrats!

Hazards are a favourite MoT fail - along with horns. They're used so relatively infrequently that - with no current going through the circuits - corrosion and tarnish build up on fuses and switch-contacts then when you need them [either in anger or to prove regulatory compliance] the voltage embarrassingly isn't there.

I've sorted quite a few "no hazards" MoT failures by vigorously working the hazard switch to clear the tarnish from the only-used-once-a-year contacts.