Panic Buying Fuel.....

Guest MJG

Not massive queues yet but certainly very busy at the petrol station near work tonight.

Full of people looking as though they were trying to act cool and not really not needing to be buying even though they were 3/4's to half full!!!!

If this continues you can bet we will have a shortage...... not caused by blockades but buy idiots buying all the stuff up now.

I drove by and came home ....

if the worst comes to the worst I'll walk the 18 miles return to work and back, in fact come to think of it shouldn't I be doing that anyway..... :P

Panic buying in the Portsmouth/Fareham area, this has caused some petrol stations to run out. The Government have changed the law since 2000, so although they can protest, the Police have powers to stop blockades of the tankers, plus the protests are only wed to Fri, so Joe Public is being a bit of a prat! Bet 90% of the buyers have more than 1/2 a tank full, aren't most journeys on average less than 10 miles - some statistic from somewhere...

Just filled up at the local Sainsburys, very busy, the girl in the shop told me that it was because the local Tesco is shut as they sold out and the Shell stations on the bypass are almost out of unleaded!! :o

All this and it's only monday, seems they only need to threaten protests nowadays.

Queuing out onto the road everywhere here (North west end of Stoke On Trent) and causing traffic chaos. Morons. Most will have more than enough fuel for the rest of the week; it's just the exact opposite of the stiff upper lip spirit of the blitz; every man for himself! Pathetic, isn't it?

No que this morning at my local one, had to fill up I was running on fumes - 99.9p/litre! And the government are still trying to tell us that it's all the oil companies fault for putting the price up, despite something like 75% of the cost being tax!

Still, at least a full tank lasts me 350 miles in my car rather than less than 200 in the 90! :D

People in my local Sainsbury's seem to have been panic buying bagels and bread rolls - at least, there were none on the shelves this morning. :( Big queues at Tesco petrol station this evening, sandbag reported Sainsbury's only had one car in front of her at about 2130. She now has enough fuel to get to the middle of next week, as long as I have 20l in the Landy tank that will get me to Dover and the ferry to Belgium and cheap diesel for the weekend. :D

Chris

I filled up with diesel this afternoon and later put LPG in the other LR. On both occasions had to queue for several seconds at least!

No sign of panic buying - guess they all went to Sainsburys/Tescos. Hop Oast was like a ghost town.

Si

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Was down in Exter Yesterday work wise, drove back home (180 miles), petroal stations looked like car parks, made it hom, now VVVlow and have to go to warwick wends, maybe, or maybe not...

Can't remember who did the quote but it was something like

"have sympathy for your fellow man"

...the answer back was

"My fellow man is an Ar%e"

Just about sums up this mad panic buying mentality

Nige

Nobody PANIC but i've just heard through a friend of a friend ... :ph34r: ...you know the story ...... that they are going to blockade the sewage pipes on Friday as well ! SH1111TTTTT ... :o ... How are we all going to have a weeks sh111ttt on Thursday ... :blink: ... Could you imagine the queue in the hall ... :unsure: ... especially if the rest of the street heard you were the only house left with toilet roll ...:wacko:... Of course i could be wrong... :D ...

Fuel protest why??.............. It won't make a jot of difference afterall the government knows we have to rely on cars for getting to work or the railway station, shopping etc therefore they know that even if the charged £5.00 in fuel duty we'd have to lump it and pay up

the only way to get this message across is to do the exact opposite leave the cars at home for 6 months or longer declare them sorn and use the laughable public transport in this country when that grinds to a halt because of over being overstretched and the fuel revenue isn't rolling in then they might start to take notice

Haulage firms should take off all the small lorries and use multiply drivers in the 40 tonne artics to transport all items after all you could put 5 lots of 7.5 tonne lorry loads into a 40 tonne artic so that would eqaite roughly to a fifth less revenue from each company.

When they lose money Tory B Liar and cronies will take notice..............

Well thats what I think we should do