Wet right foot....

but it will be nice to know I've nailed it down to less than 5 key leak points at some point....

hahah, priceless

a land rover becomes 'water tight' when bearing 5 or less distinct leaks.

i might give the vaseline a shot also. my car was great last winter when it was leak free, but driving it the other night and it was a bit steamy. thankfuly the heater works well now. just need to achieve both at once, i'm sure its possible.

hahah, priceless

a land rover becomes 'water tight' when bearing 5 or less distinct leaks.

i might give the vaseline a shot also. my car was great last winter when it was leak free, but driving it the other night and it was a bit steamy. thankfuly the heater works well now. just need to achieve both at once, i'm sure its possible.

Funny mine has EXACTLY the same leak. Very very annoying as I like to drive without any shoes on. I'll usually get an hour into the journey when I discover that my sock is in fact a dishrag

Not as bad as the numerous leaks I get in the rear compartment. The carpet has soundproofing attached to it which is an inch thick. At the end of each winter I have to take it out to dry it for at least a week, it comes out weighing a tonne and stinking to high heaven

We had rain last night....

Looked in this morning.. Pool of water.

Had a quick look this morning and door seal dry, hinge/door retainer dry....

I have a rubber footwell mat with lips/edges so it must be landing within the boundaries of the mat... It doesn't look like any water is running down from the pedal area.... It literally drips on the area just in front of the accelerator pedal. (Back towards driver)

Is that dash or bulkhead territory.. (I'll look tonight)

Could it be water running in the bonnet area in some way and running through a bulkhead seal on a cable and dropping down from behind/within the dash ?

(Or do those wires and such go up to bulkhead from engine bay ?)

Ok.. How can I watch the vent seal when raining or being hosed down ?

Would rather see it if possible before ripping things apart....

Or is it just re-seat vent and vaseline all round to see if it slows ?

Any suggestions without ripping the car apart for a looksee?

Your vent seals should be similar to the door seals a tube type, have good look at them & see if their lifting anywhere, if their OK, just give them a good lube with rubber grease or vaseline & make sure the vent is fully closed, you can see the vent handle ratchet bit from the driving seat, handle stem needs to be right at the very top of ratchet section.

Had a look at the vent seals last night.

Looks like some of the fixing glue not holding.. Although vent pressed against seal hard, I'm hoping this is the solution...

New job added to the list... Re-stick vent seals to car....

Was also wondering if it could be screen seal...... But lets see after we sort the vents....

Looks like some of the fixing glue not holding.. Although vent pressed against seal hard, I'm hoping this is the solution...

Was also wondering if it could be screen seal...... But lets see after we sort the vents....

hmm, that's a reasonable leak you have there.

exactly like my leak (same mats too), although i dont get as much water in as you..

as a further pointer i took the vent flaps off and redrilled where the lever attach so they're super tight when closed, but it still leaks.

unfortunateley its really cold outside and my car often goes weeks at a time without use, so my next solution to try is wait and see how you solve the problem :P

actually i may have another go at the weekend and see what i can come up with. i wish i wasn't so bloody minded, i'm sure for most other people its not such a big deal.

My money is still on the vent seal

Paul.... You may be right...

Weekend after next it's on the list of things to do..... If sealing the vents properly doesn't do it, I'll be looking at the windscreen seal.... <oh dear.. where is this going to lead...>

I'll keep you informed next time it rains to see if present modifications work...

Came home tonight to a wet car......

Not been raining hard but is deffo wet....

Inside was a perfectly dry mat....

[DANCE MODE] Yipeee.. Jiggity jig.... [/DANCE MODE]

Paul.. Take a sweet from the jar and head to the top of the class....

(Big thanks to all for the patience and advice...)

I got myself some bonnet buffers to fill the two empty holes I found behind bonnet.

So.. I now need sound advise on how to get these inserted...

Gap between bonnet and bulkhead just lets me get them inserted but cannot for the life of me get the lips through the hole. Is it a bonnet up jobbie, bonnet off jobbie, liberal amounts of vaseline jobbie ?

Advise oh great helpers of LR owners....

Right, just been outside in the puoring rain & got well soaked, to look at my 110, to get access to fit the buffers, you can either lift the bonnet completely off or just open it fully & support or tie it back-so it's at 90degrees to it's normal position, then you can fit the buffers, lube the small section with vaseline or silicone grease & fit, the rubber will go in & lock into place, a small narrow blade screwdriver will help, I'd take the bonnet off & then there's no chance of it getting in the way.

going to dry off now.

• 2 weeks later...
Paul.... You may be right...

Weekend after next it's on the list of things to do..... If sealing the vents properly doesn't do it, I'll be looking at the windscreen seal.... <oh dear.. where is this going to lead...>

I'll keep you informed next time it rains to see if present modifications work...

You will not believe it. Went out in the LR this evening. It started raining and guess what? Yes you guessed it a wet foot! Left foot for me though. Water running down the clutch pedal. I have already whipped off the vent shield, and have just spent the last hour trying to remove the crumbling seal and horrible sticky back plastic.

That will teach me for all the pi** taking I did at your expense.

Humble apologies. :(

No worries.... Just shows we both have Land Rovers !!!

Oh, and my foot still dry ! ;)

Got the new seal, so will put it back in later. What a pain getting all the glue off from the old one! Took half the paint off as well. There must be an easier way than simple elbow grease?

Cheers, Paul.

Got the new seal, so will put it back in later. What a pain getting all the glue off from the old one! Took half the paint off as well. There must be an easier way than simple elbow grease?

Cheers, Paul.

You guys stop whingeing and think yourselves lucky you have hard-tops!

You should try a soft-top :lol: