Defender 110 FFR Alternator 24v 90 Amp

bj67

Hi all. New owner in Glasgow area.

I recently purchased a tithonus 110 FFR and had a set of leisure batteries installed in rear battery box along with a 24v power inverter . Alternator was charging all ok at 27.2v.

New alternator belt fitted yesterday and now 24v warning light has appeared on dashboard. Auto electrian says no charge from coming from 2nd alternator. Any ideas or what is a suitable alternative alternator to use. Picture is what I have I think it is possibly a mark 10 PRC5253.

Can I use a truck or bus alternator and weld onto brackets etc? the batteries are two 12v 120 amp ones and I only use it for TV and lights & phone charging in rear. Is 90 amp too much, could I use a lower ampage one?

thanks

Brian

post-109249-0-29845800-1444988924_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

is the second output dead also? B1+ is first B2+ is second output, For if you have 4 batteries.

You can pick a replacement up off the bay, think there was some on there last week, I threw two away when I swapped the 300tdi.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-MOD-24v-Alternator-/252115071918?hash=item3ab33ab3ae:g:oIgAAOSweW5VDmD0