Front numberplate mount

Cynic-al

We all know it's a pain to mount your front numberplate when you have a winch and comply with the letter of the law. I'm in the process of getting my play day rrc mot'd for the first time since I bought it and want a way to clip a 100% legal numberplate on for the mot so printed these. 5 minutes to draw and 4 hours to print :/

Only bad points i van think of is will it effect cooling and will it spin around? Neither matter to me but comments welcomed

20151016_172730_zps55sejkca.jpg

20151016_172713_zps7ofiqzvk.jpg

20151016_172654_zpssujo4oit.jpg

Guess you could although I don't know how winch specific it would make it? Or even if the current design would be bumper specific?

Not sure it would be cost effective to do on a 3d printer but I can get a cost price off the machine next week if people wanted one. I could always stick it in the cad archive for people with their own 3d printer or mill or whatever.

No its a stock champion tds. I don't know what rope you have but the steel wire used to be much closer. It was a pain to prevent it bunching up and fouling at one end but the synthetic rope takes up much less drum space.

Not sure what diameter or length my rope is to be honest.

Its a really good idea, if you had extended the bottom of the bracket with a lip to slip behind the bumper that would stop it spinning in the wind.

I'd probably attach with a short lanyard clipped to the vehicle as well to stop it being lost as buying plates legally is such a faff.

70mph...? I wish!!!

I have these on my trailer,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRAILER-NUMBER-PLATE-HOLDER-Pair/dp/B001PPO34I

I guess someone with appropriate equipment could go into production of a version of the idea. I think making it longer and hanging down in front of the fairlead is a good idea, Afterall the top bar is visible from the front on most bumpers and the front of the fairlead can't be more than say 100mm from the crossbar on most setups? Plus it would stop the rotation. If it was made from metal you could nut and bolt the plate to it to save the complexity of a top and bottom clip. Then it would just be a strip of metal with a couple of bends :)

• Like 1