Wes

Disco 2 Suspension calibration tool.

Hi again.

Has anyone made or know the dimensions of the air suspension calibration blocks?

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for that. To buy a pair of blocks costs about £102.00. So won't be doing that.

Hi do you know the normal ride hieght with 18inch wheels fitted. Or centre of wheel to underside of wing.Thanks

the normal ride height is when the car is horizontal, i know hawkeye asks you for calibration blocks but you can use two jacks under the body as to support it on even level(use a bubble level tool in the boot) then when hawkeye asks if you have calibration blocks fitted prompt yes and it will save those heights...if you want to be 100% accurate improvise some blocks from wood as to achieve this:

REAR SUSPENSION - Description - SLS

Standard ride height, measured between the tip of

the axle bump stop rubber and the axle, is 61.5 mm (2.42 in).

You can even do it with a single trolley jack under the tow hitch when calibrating with T4. I've done loads over the years and just made sure the rear arch gap is slightly larger than the front. Nobody has ever complained...

Recalibrated mine using a jack under the tow hitch as suggested aboveand then checked the measurement from axel to bump stop as 61.5mm. In the handbook and on the sun visor the overall height is given as 1940mm. Mine is appox 1900mm overall height with 235/70x16 tyres. Is this normal or should I adjust the sensors so that the overall height is 1940?

Also I used Lynx Diagnostics for the job. Easy to use but short on instructions. Still, they answer email queries fairly quickly. Seems capable of doing pretty much all the things the other tools do. I chose it simply because I wanted diagnostics that I could use with a laptop.

If you're happy with how it sits, there's very little reason to add the extra height IMO.

Do the measurements on the sun visor take the roof rails into consideration? Did you?

Thanks Captain Slow, The sunroof measurement is 1980. Also checked height with the engine running so that the bags were inflated, although I notice that since recalibrating the vehicle does not rest down the couple of centimetres that it did before when the engine is switched off. I was just confused that the height between axel and bump stop was correct (as per RAVE) yet the vehicle was way below the height in the handbook and on the sun visor.

That ''rest down a couple of centimeters" should happen only if you open a door and the weight removed from the vehicle was heavy enough to induce an upward movement of the height sensor's arm as to make it send a signal to the SLABS ECU if you see what i mean... on very slight movement the sensor will not be triggered, put some heavy load in the boot and remove it then IMO you'll see that it will drop as before