Fuel Cap Query - Help - Aeroquip Type

Hybrid_From_Hell

2nd attempt, :blink:

On the 90 at the I have the original "hopeless" fuel cap that just sort of screws on.....

When I am at a angle it sort of dribbles, (bit like it owner at times them) and fuel comes out,

This means water and plop can also get in, not clever.

I used to have on the Hybrid one of those demon tweeks whizzy aircrfat caps, loads of polish ali and allen bolts, but it was a sealed cap no breather.

Has anyone converted there rather poor LR cap to one of these, which one did you use, what hose to connect did it fit ok, or how / what needs to be done and what about a breather in the tank, how did you soprt that out ??

Hope the above post makes sense, just got in from 5 hours drive back from Exeter (a303 closed ) and am knackered, just about to have a meeting with Mr Guinness and his 5 friends

Nige :blink:

Has anyone converted there rather poor LR cap to one of these, which one did you use, what hose to connect did it fit ok, or how / what needs to be done and what about a breather in the tank, how did you soprt that out ??

re: breather; a one way vavle for an aquarium air line plus some air line; cost about £3 all in. Not sure how you would attach it; proably have to drill a hole in the tank and fit a hose connector, ideally a screw on type as opposed to solder type.

hmmm but not sure how it would cope with diesel/petrol....