Insurance

Landrovernuts

This will make you laugh. I had my 90 insured with Esure and always seemed OK with no issues even with the winch declared. The 90 is now sold and the winch is now on my 110. Just been told they will not insure it because of the winch! Tried a few others (Aviva, Sainsburys, Direct Line, More Than) and all have said no as it implies the Land Rover goes off road!!!! No problem, so I thought I would try NFU. Absolutely not a chance as it implies it is driven off road!!! I have to say I thought better of NFU but have now completely changed my mind. Is there a separate department at NFU, as imagine all the farmers Land Rovers that they insure that do have winches on - or are they all suddenly not insured now? Just tried Adrian Flux and they what £400 for an otherwise standard 110 double cab, but modifications don't seem to be a problem. I have never had any convictions or points, I have had a license for 26 years, including class 1 and 2 HGV and we live in the country on the edge of Dartmoor, so not sure how the risk could be any better!!!

You could try a local branch if there is one. A relation of mine with a farm had an attempted theft of his l200 but the steering wheel fell off whilst they were trying to break the steering lock. The nfu like for like hire car was a micra. He had all sorts of trouble trying to get 4 workers and a 500 litre diesel tank and pump in it.

that's fantastic, I saw a news story the other day where a lady farmer was given a fiesta as a like for like replacement for her defender, they didn't seem too impressed when it came back after trawling around the fields and being filled with everything from horse muck to big dogs haha