4.6 Serpentine Belt Layout

Does anyone have a pic or diagram of a 4.6 serpentine belt layout where the A/c compressor and power steering pump are not fitted and ideally the model number of belt used. The engine will only need to run an aftermarket alternator in the same spot as the original and on the drivers side of the engine will have the standard tensioner and idler (is this really needed). The passenger side will have the compressor/steering pump mount fitted but not the ancillaries.

thanks

Garry

If I have the left hand side of the engine the same as the above pic and have the right side the same as this - will it work?

20151115_1447061_zpsxtjjb4qp.jpg

I removed the pulley from a tensioner and mounted it where the idler would normally go. It needs spacers made or a bearing change but it will go. Is the distance from this modified pully back to crank pulley too far without an idler half way - the only reason I ask is that the original belt layout has idlers on both sides of the engine on the longest runs.

Ps - Oh - on the right hand bracket - I know where the A/c goes and where the PS goes but what goes on the part of the bracket directly below the now modified pulley on the right.

Cheers

Garry

My neighbour turned up a top hat type spacer that spaces out the pully and matches the bolt to the inner diameter of the bearing - the spacer probably needs to have about 1/2mm removed but I will not do this last bit until I have sourced a belt and checked it more closely.

Looks like this arrangement might be a goer - less the supercharger in the upside down pic. :D

It the usual view of my motor - upside down.

I have no idea why it always puts them upside down, perhaps somebody with more brains than me could educate me or even do the dirty deed....

But it does leave me a 7 peak belt that 2418mm long, useful for a tow rope.....

It the usual view of my motor - upside down.

I have no idea why it always puts them upside down, perhaps somebody with more brains than me could educate me or even do the dirty deed....

But it does leave me a 7 peak belt that 2418mm long, useful for a tow rope.....

Do you really want someone to answer this for you haha !