Jump to content

Getting Age Related Plate/Historic Tax


Recommended Posts

What is the process for getting an age related plate for a Q-plate vehicle and registering it as a history/tax exempt? I have found lots of posts about this, but they all date back to before the DVLA closed the local offices, and as far as I can tell most of the information on getting historic plates on the DVLA site is aimed at newly built historic vehicles, not one that are currently on a Q-plate.

So far Ive ordered a heritage certificate and bought a copy of the B Card and I'm waiting on the DVLA to send me back the V5. ls there anything else I need to get, other than a mot?

This is for a '73 lightweight that is on a Q because of when it left the military, not because its a parts-bin special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You need all the documentation you can get. Somehow you have to convince them of the build date and that it hasn't been modified in any way. I have several friends that have had protracted conversations with DVLA on a very similar subject over the last 6 months and both have proven successful - so it can be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy