Welding helmet recommendation

andy2986

They ain't cheap are they! Currently outside my budget, but I'm thinking I might buy an R-Tech helmet. As Nige said - I think - no-one's going to put their name on and risk a court case. I've looked at a lot of R-Tech stuff, they seem good, and I've heard a lot of people who've had first had experience say they're good, so I might give it a go.....and probably find there's nothing wrong with mine in the process....

I would recommend R Tech ,I have a plasma cutter and an arc welder from them and both are fantastic machines ,customer service is exellent, consumables no problem ,haven't tried one of their welding masks but I would be very surprised if it was anything but good .

• Like 1

I paid 60 quid for mine, and I can't fault it.

But then, like most on here, I do it for a hobby, not as a 6-days-a-week job (which is where it seems a lot of the replies for Speedglas have come from).

Think what your use would be.

Optrel satellite... About 13 years now with 3m positive pressure respirator (not used and removed)

When you start to look at the autodimming function, you start to notice some of the better branded ones actually use the same Swiss made

The trick is start checking the replacement glass and plastic lenses and you'll see them replicated between manufacturers.... Suspect the esab mask uses the older optrel autodimming device (when I last looked at one about a year ago)

Rob

I paid 60 quid for mine, and I can't fault it.

But then, like most on here, I do it for a hobby, not as a 6-days-a-week job (which is where it seems a lot of the replies for Speedglas have come from).

Think what your use would be.

What helmet are you using ?

I work as a coded welded for Irish rail some very heavy welding both MIG, STICK and some TIG on pipe and we have the speeglas 9100xx adflo and it will last you more than a decade if you look after it. You don't need the adflo if you're not welding everyday just the helmet. The view is great and it's brilliant for any process you can see what you're doing. very expensive though. But worth it if you use it everyday.

• 2 months later...