Just found my first ever Land Rover on ebay.

Ever wondered what happened to your first ever car? Well I always did. It was the one that started my expensive, often frustrating but always enjoyable green oval habit.

Anyway I often browse the series listings 'just incase' well guess what it's for sale and still going strong.

Posting from my phone so can't link from the app but have listed the ebay item number at the bottom.

After it left the RAF it was used by Nottingham High School by their army cadets, I bought it in 1990 it was originally a 2wd version used for towing planes on airfields and had a 2 1/4 petrol engine. Because it was 2wd it was totally rust free as had not been off road. I kept it original and sold it in 1994.

Although as I was serving at that time I think it Left my tenure with more RAF parts on it than when I got it.

Jason

My first car was scrapped, second written off, third, written off, fourth head gasket issues time after time forced scrappage, next one scrapped after being stolen and recovered, next, sold after rear-ended for scrap value, doesn't look good that way does it?

But then I still have my Audi, some 14 years later, and only recently sold the Lightweight, which was my first Land Rover.... second was an RRC, which got plundered for parts, and then scrapped, then I have my current RRC, oh and the moggy (in restoration).

I found my first Land Rover(i dont count my early range rovers as they inspired no affinity) over here in NL, almost 10yrs after selling it on in Ipswich UK, fond memories, but the rose tinted glasses came off and I cancelled my 4000 euro bid.

My first car was sold to my brother and has since disappeared. Certainly not road taxed at the moment although it would be tax free now. My first Range Rover and everyone since except my beloved CSK was scrapped. have just scrapped my previous P38 and took it to be weighed in yesterday.......In 6 months the value of a P38 shell has gone from £145 to £45 no wonder the steel industry is in a mess!! :o