heated front seats

2112abe

please help

i have a 2004 disco 2 landmark, with heated seats, only problem is no heat from the seats however the switches light up and i have checked that there is power going to the connecting block on each seat.

before i start taking seats out is there anything such as a easy solution ?

ade

No easy solution for that other than replaceing the interrupted heating element, it's not the most inspired design cos the elements are serial connection and if one is interrupted none will work, make sure that the plug which connects the two heating elements(between the cushion and squab) has good connection

• 3 months later...

Thanks for your reply, however I have looked under both front seats and as far as I can see there are no heating elements visible, could these elements have been removed for some reason ?

My problem is that I don't know what is supposed to be under each seat ?

The heating elements are not under the seat, they are on top of the foam, underneath the cover. The only way to see them is to remove the foam and cover complete from the seat and then seperate the 2. They tend to break where the foam has creases as they flex most there, however, they're available quite reasonably priced so there's no sense in trying to repair them.

What I suggest you are looking for are not the heating elements themselves, but the wiring to the plugs, where the heating elements are connected to the vehicle wiring loom.

My Disco 2 information, if I have any, is probably before 2004, but if the question was about a 38A Range Rover I would be looking at a wiring diagram and be able to confirm there was a plug each for the seat base and the backrest, and what colour wires you should expect to see.

(I can say from memory that the 38A would have separate plugs for each element, I just can't recall the wire colours).

There may be other wiring visible between the seat and the floor pan, I would be looking for 2 plugs , each containing 2 wires.

Regards.

The heated seat plug connector from memory is a square white plug with about 4/5 wires to it, connects right at the back of the seat base.

Worth testing for power there as said but experience says the element is damaged, they're really not very robust.