Couriers

Simon_CSK

Ordered some parts for my Disco yesterday and they were delivered today with all relevant paperwork correct and present.

Because I was out the left it at my back door. Great no problems so far.

When I found the card and went to retrieve there was two boxes one as mentioned previously with all the relevant paperwork and no of pieces clearly marked 1 of 1 the other just a Britpart box.

The second box contains something of no relevance to me but I could argue that I don't have a clue where it came from as it was not shipped in my consignment my dilemma is where did it come from and who is it for.

Phone whoever you ordered it from - likely there is some poor chap who was expecting it today, confused because the courier says it's been delivered and unable to get a replacement from either the courier or the sender who just assume he's lying.

Si

I think it depends on who you have, I use them for all my parcels/small packets, and not had one problem.

The above issue almost sounds like a problem with the sender, rather than the courier, not labelled up a box so they took a guess!

Timely thread.... a delivery van turned up at mine this afternoon. The driver was shouting something out of the window at me as I was on my driveway. Apparently he was asking where my house number was (its clearly up by the front door). He 'parked' up when I told him he was at my number, blocking all of the waiting traffic. He got out and told me that they could f**king wait. He fumbled around in the back of the van complaining he couldn't see, he threw a lot of parcels around. He got out cursing and looked again in the front, cursed again as he couldn't find the parcel, got back in the rear and started throwing parcels out onto the tarmac! He finally found mine - a Laithwaites wine delivery, but it was open and battered! He seemed offended when I asked if everything was there as he threw the other parcels back into his van. I hope none of those others were breakable! The courier............. Yodel.

Recently jad an issue with DPD. They left a card on the Wednesday because I was not in and said they would deliver on the Thursday. Lunch time Thursday got another card......I was livid because I had not been out all morning and they had failed to knock the door or ring the bell.......I had to collect the parcel which defeated the objective.

When I used to sell car Batteries, I had a lot of problems with them arriving damaged.

One day, I caught the DPD driver swinging one by the handle & throwing them into the back of the van, with it splitting open & emptying the acid as it hit the bulkhead. Probably dozens of other parcels damaged in addition to mine.

I complained to my account manager who pretty much accused me of lying! Then I thought - I have CCTV! I sent her the video but instead of an apology or anything useful, I had a call from their lawyers saying (very aggressively) that if I published the video they would sue me!

I dumped DPD and went to FedEx instead who, to their credit never lost or damaged a thing!

Si

Kind of confirming the driver being the source of most of the problems then!

We went through a spate of drivers going to the french doors of the house, they are on a sunken patio, hidden behind bushes, clearly a 'private' area, and the front door is down the side of the house. On the french doors there is no post box, doorbell or door number, but for some reason they sometimes think it is a good place to try and make a delivery!

Our front door is now painted bright red, and has a post-it note just about permanently stuck on it with 'All deliveries to back door, please. Thank you!'. I work from home mostly, so there's no chance of missing someone if they do come now...

I also use the 'safe place' option if I can, and ask for it to be left in the back porch, which has saved many a trip to a depot.

Bein remote I do get a lot of parcels delivered, the delivery costs are comparable to me going out in the car to get something.

Kind of confirming the driver being the source of most of the problems then!

We went through a spate of drivers going to the french doors of the house, they are on a sunken patio, hidden behind bushes, clearly a 'private' area, and the front door is down the side of the house. On the french doors there is no post box, doorbell or door number, but for some reason they sometimes think it is a good place to try and make a delivery!

Our front door is now painted bright red, and has a post-it note just about permanently stuck on it with 'All deliveries to back door, please. Thank you!'. I work from home mostly, so there's no chance of missing someone if they do come now...

I also use the 'safe place' option if I can, and ask for it to be left in the back porch, which has saved many a trip to a depot.

Bein remote I do get a lot of parcels delivered, the delivery costs are comparable to me going out in the car to get something.

I work from home too and buy a lot of stuff mail order even though I live within civilization. There are a few couriers like yesterdays who pop the card through the door and leave the parcel round the back. On the few occasions I am out then there are neighbours who are in that take parcels for me but occasionally they are returned to the post office or depot and that drives me crazy.

This morning I had parcel force at my boor at 7am was still in my birthday suit :hysterical:

I was waiting for various deliveries today. One unmarked white van turned up while I was outside my house and gave me a small box and drove off before I'd had a chance to look at the consignment note. The parcel from the particular company should've been a lot longer than the small box I received. Phoned the company and they confirmed it was sent in two separate packages at the same time, one of which is probably still sat in the back of the couriers van.

What really annoys me though is I checked the tracking number on their website which states that I signed for it which I didn't. I assumed the driver had got back into the cab to get the paperwork or electronic tablet for me to sign but instead he drove off. If he had given me the chance to sign for it I would've realised the delivery was incomplete and not signed for it.

Parcel Farce ?

Thank you for putting that one up.

Margaret buys raw milk for me from Hook & son. It is delivered on a 24 hour service. Parcel Farce deliver it. O)nly once has it been lost. You should have melt the three day old stuff in the depot when the eventually found it. Since then corouir changes have been made but now we're back to Parcel Farce. SO

The next delivery is Tuesday.

OH ! Yes Margaret has paid the extra for a morning delivery

Some companies run their delivery drivers to a stupidly tight schedule. Anyway there are times when they make the delivery on time and all is well but I've lost count the number of times the driver has said stated my surname, handed me the parcel and asked me to sign the little screen ...and then gone on to ask what my surname is :huh: