Couriers

Simon_CSK

I think you're right Phil, it sounds as though they're put under pressure by their managers, to cope with the extra workload at this time of year.

Royal Mail usually take on casual staff to cope with the increased volume.

Had a parcel delivered Sunday.... I was given the parcel as I was still opening the door and he was gone! By the time the door was fully open he was half way down the drive :lol:

I get that frequently.....if they even come to the door.....something to do with the baying GSD I think!!!!

I've had a courier recognise me as I was walking back from town (I was about 1/4 of a mile from home I guess) pull over and hand me a parcel.

I regularly get parcels by one of the couriers delivered to a house in the wrong road or another house in this road about 50 houses further along, I've got to know these home owners quite well :-/

Had a parcel imported from the states by the eBay global shipping program last year, made it all the way to the UK and through customs only to disappear at the couriers depot, it wasn't a small parcel either at 10kg.

Parcel Force have so far been good and the only problem has been a parcel I sent for Saturday delivery arriving almost a week later.... they did however refund that one just the other day.

On a related note my father a few years back did some work as a temporary post man and told me they were not allowed to deliver recorded/signed for items. So instead they were told to put 'we called but missed you' slips through the doors!

Courriers ? .........Bane of my life !

DHL = Drop It Hide it Lose it

UPS = Usually Pretty S**t

TNT = Tommorow Not Today

Fed Ex = F**k every delivery excellently

Parcel Force = Parcel Farce

DPD = Dropped Probably Damged

Hermes = Huge effort rummaging making everything sha**ed

City Link = S*tty Link

Yodel - Your orders definately er... lost

• Like 2

hmm..yes..Hermes have just failed me for the first time. Got some tube on order for brakes for railway carriages, should have been here by now. The tracking has been showing 'Delayed in Transit' since early Monday morning. I contacted the seller yesterday to let them know, they chased it u and apparently it got to the national sorting hub fine, but was sorted to the wrong local depot, so it's now got to work it's way back to the national depot to be resorted again.....probably next week now...

My daughter works for an IT company. She was telling me about the ongoing issues they have with a certain courier who continually manage to damage parcels, often expensive laptops they've just repaired.

On Friday she got a parcel from the courier, marked "For the girls in the office, happy xmas from DPD".

On opening it contained several large tins of sweets, two of which were damaged.

I'm an IFA and I saw a postie doing a Christmas relief some 10 years after I had done his (early) retirement last week. He says he goes back every Christmas for the money and the social contact.

It's a rural round, so I can imagine that having someone who knows where he's going is a great advantage, (a lot of the houses around here have just got names!).

Delivery is a nightmare for my parents place;

Delivery driver wandering up and down the lane, asked what he was doing, claimed he couldn't understand how to get in the house. He walked past two sets of gates.

Delivery note found lobbed in a bush at the end of the lane

Parcel left on door step in the rain, contained a server motherboard

The parcelforce and royalmail people tend to be pretty good out there though.

My house is slightly better but at this time of year can be painful. I had a guy skid to a stop in his van, leg it up the drive and knock on the door. Before I could open the door I heard his van skidding away so I ran out to wave at him. He nonchalantly informed me that my parcel was behind a wheelie bin. He hadn't bothered to put a card through the door so how was I supposed to work that out before bin day?

Opening it up a bit but we had another shopping delivery driver run off my track into the farm last week, so that's two in less than a year that I've had to pull out with the tractor. Oh and thanks to the courier who thought it was a good idea today to run over my freshly sown bit of grass on the other side of the same track too :rolleyes: