discovery td5 looses power up hill,

muddy4x4xfar

hi all , yet again another thread, but about the td5 discovery this time, i was driving as normal yesterday and today and all of a sudden when i enter roughly 50 + mph it feels lump, the same sort of feel you get when you don't put enough gas on you get a jerky sensation, its more noticeable up hill, . also i couldn't get the vehicle yesterday to do more than 60 at 2200rpm. almost as if it went into limp mode.

my first thought was maybe the fuel pump as i seem to remember a while back same sort of situation on a thread, would you all agree?

is there anything else i could look for before spending on a pump that might not be needed?

Simple: get the ECU diagnostic fault-codes read before you start throwing money at any kind of component-replacement.

The ECU's been logging all sorts of useful info on the fault(s) for you. Why ignore this and start with random major surgery ??

You wouldn't book yourself in to have your appendix removed without first having a consultation/diagnosis with your doctor, now would you?

+1 for proper diagnosis with tester first, if no fault codes logged then it's almost certain that it's a fuel supply issue cos the fuel delivery system is not covered by diagnostics... though if the injector balances are all over the place it means that they try to compensate for low fuel pressure and the pump becomes suspect(provided there's no oil at the ECU red plug which means the injector harness must be replaced ASAP)... but there might be many other reasons fot that and without tester it's a guessing game and dependent of luck

I took it for a run with the nanocom plugged in an the waste gate reading ms in fuel reading section was between 0 and 30 when i floored it in 4th up hill. Is this a normal reading? Usually started around 2200rpm ish any below was 0 an sometimes read 0 in the 2200 plus if it did it.

The wastegate reading on your Nanocom is only the duty cycle applied to the actuator solenoid - ie, what the ecu WANTS it to do... Its not able to check what is actually happening.You need to look at manifold boost pressure under full load/throttle, if this goes over about 230Kpa its overboosting.As said before in this thread its usually a sticking wastegate arm on the turbo.