Baffles in my fuel tank?

Are there any baffles in a Td5 90 plastic rear fuel tank?

New Siemens/VDO fuel pump/sender fitted the other week and now the fuel gauge is a work of fiction - reading empty when it is not, not reading full when it is, rising during a journey etc., any suggestions? AFAIK there is nothing in the tank to get the float caught on. After driving for 29 miles with the fuel light on last weekend I only managed to get 39 litres in till the tank was brimming.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

The problem turned out to be rather simple. The sender had become detached from the pump/swirl pot during installation and was hanging on it's wires ion the tank. It has now been refitted and seems to work correctly. Gladly, the mechanic who fitted it for me took it on the chin and did it all FOC.

Chris

Gladly, the mechanic who fitted it for me took it on the chin and did it all FOC.

Chris

As I would expect a good mechanic to do Chris. Alas there seem to be rather too many fly-by-night types with no interest in nurturing good customer relations.

Glad you are sorted and that the problem was an easy one.

Saves anyone mentioning inferior parts ;)