Dadandlad

Fantastic work and effort in promoting it, you deserve to succeed.

I notice that there are a couple of other less supported ideas, as Lego has linked them as a similar project I hope that means they have vision of all the ideas so that they have an overall understanding of the coverage?

Are you able to present the diorama to Lego in you submission or are you stuck with just the original submission? As the later photos show how the idea could expand into further sales for them not just a single sale!

Marc

Fantastic work and effort in promoting it, you deserve to succeed.

I notice that there are a couple of other less supported ideas, as Lego has linked them as a similar project I hope that means they have vision of all the ideas so that they have an overall understanding of the coverage?

Are you able to present the diorama to Lego in you submission or are you stuck with just the original submission? As the later photos show how the idea could expand into further sales for them not just a single sale!

Marc

Hi Marc,

The Series III has to remain the flagship of our project but we can do updates to show the other models which are on the update page on Lego Ideas. Our suggestion was it could be a kit as not a great brick difference between say Series III and Defender so people can build the one they prefer. Hopefully it would be something Lego consider if (or when) we get to 10,000 supporters :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pitch it to Land Rover. Nice toy, sell on the Land Rover web site. Get kids interested in the brand. Get them to phone up Lego asking to get it made. Lego knows how to license a brand for Lego kits from people. Find a Land Rover sales exec on LinkedIn or from the lro magazine interviews.

• Like 1

Pitch it to Land Rover. Nice toy, sell on the Land Rover web site. Get kids interested in the brand. Get them to phone up Lego asking to get it made. Lego knows how to license a brand for Lego kits from people. Find a Land Rover sales exec on LinkedIn or from the lro magazine interviews.

We have emailed but keep getting passed from pillar to post "it's not me you need to speak to its such and such" so really struggling to find a point of contact at Land Rover. We will keep trying and look in to your ideas, so thanks for that, much appreciated! :)

To be honest, I'd let LEgo worry about that, if you get the support you need for them to progress it to the next stage. Currently your just a hobbyist who's made a model from standard parts, and there's nothing wrong with that. If there was, they'd be hundreds of model engineers who've got models of Virgin/GBRF/EWS locomotives who'd be in court daily. Lego have the legal team and the know how and who to get it sorted. There's Star Wars and Red Dwarf project's on the go also, doubt any of those have bothered contacting the copyright owners.

The point is the project will go better if Land Rover show some interest from their side. It's about raising the visibility of the project. I appreciate Lego team knows how to negotiate a licence but if Land Rover get in touch with Lego and say we would take 5,000 units for sale from showrooms that's going to help things along nicely. :-)

How likely is that ? I don't know but for the sake of a few emails seems worth a go to me.