Dadandlad

8 hours ago, elbekko said:

Have you actually had contact with JLR and Lego about this? Have they been in contact? Judging by the recent launch event I'd say yes, but without JLR approving the model nothing is going to happen.

As I said a long time ago, leave that to Lego, their legal bods will know how to deal with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elbekko said:

Have you actually had contact with JLR and Lego about this? Have they been in contact? Judging by the recent launch event I'd say yes, but without JLR approving the model nothing is going to happen.

31 minutes ago, ejparrott said:

As I said a long time ago, leave that to Lego, their legal bods will know how to deal with it.

We know JLR are aware of our project as we emailed them about it. They have tweeted about it. To be honest it is all out of our hands now. It is for Lego to decide if they think it is good enough and if they want to produce it, then I guess they would talk to JLR. All we can do is hope they say yes! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maverik said:

Your commitment to getting your idea to the level and exposure you have is commendable, I'm excited for you for the next step and I wish you all the luck, I'll be keeping an eye out on it that's for sure.

Mav

Thank you. We really do believe in our project and that it would be a great product whether people just want to display it or make their own modifications to it just like the real Land Rover! But feedback from shows and forums like this one have really spurred us on to keep going and get the supporters as we can see just how popular it would be. Going to be a long wait now! 

• 8 months later...

Hi there,

Thought best let you know that the results have come out and Lego have decided not to produce the Land Rover so it won't be for sale in store.

We are obviously very disappointed as we know there was a market for this but would like to thank you for your support. We couldn't have got as far as we did without it! happy.gif

On 7 August 2017 at 8:43 AM, finnarne said:

Is it possible for you to release some kind of build instructions/drawings now that Lego has turned your idea down?

We are going to look into what we can/can't do as don't want to just let it go after all the support we have had. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, although we are not allowed to sell anything for 3 years to do with the models we put on the Ideas website we are able to give the instructions away for free! Therefore rather than waiting 3 years this is what we have decided to do. We have created a website 4x4bricks.com where we hope to have the LEGO parts list in the next week followed shortly after with the instructions for the Series III as just finishing them off. I'm afraid this is the best we can do but we were determined not to just let it go after all the support we had.

35 minutes ago, mad_pete said:

Submit your ideas to Lego, work to get 10,000 likes so lego can not go ahead and freeze you out for 3 years. Harsh ....

I know, to be honest we thought it was 3 years from submission which meant it would have been up next year but after the decision they told us the 3 years starts from then. Disappointing really when we wanted them to do it but they rejected it. Never mind, there are always other models! ;)

• 3 months later...