1996 discovery autobox wiring colours

BIG_TOM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Maybe i could be able to help if you describe better what you are after and where is that plug, how many pins it has etc, so more information cos just saying "autobox wiring" with a small pic is too vague and i dont know where to watch in the diagram

On 4/20/2018 at 2:03 PM, sierrafery said:

Maybe i could be able to help if you describe better what you are after and where is that plug, how many pins it has etc, so more information cos just saying "autobox wiring" with a small pic is too vague and i dont know where to watch in the diagram

Hi Sierrafery, That might help... Well its the main black plug thats from the gearbox wiring loom then from that plug it goes into the rest of the loom just trying to work out what the colours do. i will get the colours tonight.

1- diff-lock switch, 2 - vehicle speed sensor, 3 - reverse lamps circuit, 5 - ground, 8 - transmission oil temp switch, 9 - park/neutral position switch - interlock, 11- Alarm ECU... the others are not used in 300Tdi

Edited by sierrafery

Right below is the list of colours I have. I have put a meter from the gearbox casing to the body and I’m getting continuity

i Have put a meter on that single black wire and checked each pin and getting nothing   

Green and brown 

Green and yellow 

black and orange 

black and yellow

Black and red 

black and blue

black and green 

Red and yellow

yellow and black 

black 

Edited by BIG_TOM

The gearbox is sitting in a custom buggy. The c105 connector is coming from the gearbox and that’s it not plugged into anything. I’m trying to connect a set of reverse lights to it aswel

as the warning lights for the gearbox. 

For what you want C105 is not enough, there must be another roud 5 pin connector(C323) from the gearbox which is the harness for the park/neutral/reverse switch cos the feed goes through this then through C105 to the reverse lights

thet custom buggy has a D1 instrument pack fitted or what warning lamps do you want?

So, for the reverse lights you have to connect a 10A fused live to pin 2(Y wire) of C323 and from pin 3(GN wire) reverse lights one side the other side of lights to earth

- diff-lock warning, when the diff is locked the earth is switched to it from C105 pin 1(BU) , the switch must have one pin connected to earth

- transmission temp warning, earth is switched from C105 pin 8(BG)

the black wire in C105 must be connected to earth

Edited by sierrafery