Megasquirt missing/ dieing

Theviper1987

Right the story goes. Iv had my ms running for 6 months ish now with no fault. Now when it ticks over every 5/6 seconds it missed a beat. The rev counter bounced to 0 then back to 800. 10 seconds later it does it again. It's got new plugs, leads etc but still does it. Any ideas. The next step the hammers coming out lol

• Like 2

They *sound* like resets to me.

Do you run capacitors on the coil pack feeds?

How are your earths, condition and how are they wired? Sensors to ECU and ECU to battery? 'Power' grounds, such as EDIS straight to battery?

As Quagmire says, get a log up here, and we will know more.

Rev counter on dash or rev counter on laptop?

No need to get frustrated, half the point of MS is you can plug in & see what's going on if there's a problem after all!

RPM drops could be VR sensor, or it could as Bowie says be resets caused by spikes or wiring, but let's see some logs before jumping to owt.

Was it really a bad plug? I wouldnt expect that to make it die completely. Or was one of the HT leads too close to the VR sensor wire causing resets? I have had this happen. As an aside what are people using for the VR sensor wire, I havent been able to find any automotive two core shielded wire for this so ended up using some aluminium foil tape and twisting the ground and signal wires.