Machine Lubricator

ejparrott

If it really is too far from LR then delete, but I do use my milling machine for Land Rover stuff!!!

Looks like the lubricator has died. It's got 110vac running into and out of the circuit board but no life in the motor. I'm looking for a replacement if anyone can recommend a source? Preferably UK based, preferably 110VAC, but I can also use 230VAC. I need to use an electric one because the machine is CNC and so can be left running to it's own devices.

Thanks

That's the sort of thing. Not overly fussy about manufacturer, We've got various at work and they all work fine. Would prefer new to second hand - lot of money been invested in this machine now, not going to spoil the ship for a hapeth of tar!

Axminster and warco sell coolant systems as a stand alone box with a tank, pump and spray nozzle. You just have to plumb in your drain from whereever the coolant collects back to the tank. It's just a 1ph motor with an on off switch so you could wire it though a relay from your CNC if required. Don't know if they would be man enough for you? I know CNC people like to flood it.

Alternatively could you get the motor repaired?

I may have read this wrong ( and that wouldn’t be a first ) but I think he's after a multi point lubricator not a flood cooler for the cutter though?

The one on my lathe is a hand pump that feeds a manifold with a dozen or so outlets.

Axminster and warco sell coolant systems as a stand alone box with a tank, pump and spray nozzle. You just have to plumb in your drain from whereever the coolant collects back to the tank. It's just a 1ph motor with an on off switch so you could wire it though a relay from your CNC if required. Don't know if they would be man enough for you? I know CNC people like to flood it.

Alternatively could you get the motor repaired?

He's after a lubricator for the ways of the machine rather than a coolant pump ;)

Yes lubricator not coolant pump!

Already searched Warco, Chester, Axminster, RDG and Arc Euro, only Arc have a lubricator and that's a manual one. Tried the MSC and Cromwell websites but they were carp, still to look in the paper copies at work when I get 5 minutes

The bending machines have interlube systems which are pumping FG3,0 grease. The vogel systems are pumpling slide lubricant. They're something to do with Timken so I'm sure you could find a distributor. Lubetec is the distributor I use which is why I got the name wrong ;) Lubetec sell and service loads of makes of lubricator, they might be able to fix yours ;)