V8 Air Box Lies!!!

No your not to blame Bowie. For a change.......... ;)

Yes it would be easy enough to shorten the straps but the differences don't seem to end with the size of the thing. The TDI one must be a different shape to the V8 one as well because it doesn't seem to sit right in the standard V8 brackets no matter what bloody way I turn it... :(

Phil - is that engine in standard Defender position?

When I fitted my Efi engine, I found the intake for the Defender V8 dustbin fouled on the back of the plenum. One day I'll fit it, but it'll need surgery first.

For now though I'm using the much smaller RRC air filter.

Actually John a quick look at my original pic reveals that it's ESR2102, which alas makes it a 300 version I think :(

Is there much difference?

Would you be willing to sell your V8 bin? I can't see if Nige has any as his site is closed?

Cheers

Actually John a quick look at my original pic reveals that it's ESR2102, which alas makes it a 300 version I think :(

Is there much difference?

Would you be willing to sell your V8 bin? I can't see if Nige has any as his site is closed?

Cheers

Correct Phil

ESR2102 = AIR CLEANER ASSY 300TDI DISCO,DEF http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/185500/5497/air_cleaner_assy_300tdi_disc_def