Warn 8274 thefts!

Nigelw

Going to share this here too as a good few NL forumers here and just in case it finds it's way to the UK too!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/144267379068375?view=permalink&id=515796588582117&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

I'm not familiar with the winch or motor so don't know if there are traceable serial numbers? Anyone know?

Not just Defenders being targeted but the lucrative accessories as this is the second one I've seen lately :(

Just the winch!

Bumper was left along with everything else.

Just saw a reply that he didn't take note of serial numbers :( That avenue is lost, its a warn 8274 with a Bow motor and blue plasma rope with yellow hook, if one springs up for sale from a dubious vendor shout me a holla!!!

I always used to weld a bit of bar over one of the nuts, I can't ever think I'd need to remove the winch without being near to my grinder.

Sadly it seems plenty people go equipped with a battery grinder to pinch cats today so my old anti theft device would only annoy them for a few seconds...

• 3 weeks later...

Unable to post linky for the facebookers but winches are targets right now, my cheap Warrior Apache will be fine, but we can add a gigglepin winch to the list now twin motor jobby, they cut the fence to gain access too :(

When I find more precise details I'll post up.