freelander rear door will not open

hunt

hello to every one and a happy chrismass and a great new year to all

i after a bit of advise before taking my freelander to the garage because the rear door will not open but the window works fine from the switch in side but the door seems to be powerless but I have checked all fuse's and they look great, so any help would be great

If you are not upto speed on wiring diagrams and theory there are no real tips to diagnose the problem below the level at which i have advised . One piece of advice Dont take to main dealer try and find auto lecky or better stil a local independent landy workshop.

May be stating the obvious but what about the switch/wiring inside the back door handle? Tricky to get at when the door won't open but I believe it's doable. From memory there's not a lot to it - wires to the switch and wires to the opening mechanism, maybe also a switch that detects when the window's dropped to allow opening.

well i would like to say thanks' for the help off everyone but today I had I small break in the weather so I had go at striping the door switch down and have found that they is two small return springs behind the switch and one had snapped and became stuck behind the switch stopping it working. it only has one return spring on it how but is working fine for now fingers crossed

• 4 years later...

I read all the advice about rear door sticking causes. then inside the passenger area I decided to ensure child lock switch was off by bending a blade and pushing this up. I then wound window down and using the outside handle to open the door I gave a good kick. The door opened! then saw that the lock mechanism was dry. I used some bike oil and fresh grease and now it opens freely again! 

• 11 months later...

I had the same problem with my door not opening you could hear the lock actuating the window went down like it's meant to but door would not open so off came panel and manually operate lock to open door then remove locking mechanism to try and diagnose problem lo and behold the little plastic grommet holding the actuator arm was gone allowing the arm to move but not trip the lock still trying to find a grommet in this backwards country but at least we found the fault hope you can use this as help too

allan