Tyre inflator Options?

My tyre inflator at the workshop has died, so it's time to replace it. What have people got and would you recommend it?

I like the type which clips onto the valve and stays on there, not just the push on type. The old one was a cheapy dial type, which is the type I'd go for unless others have better ideas. Do the ones with a straight, rigid, hose become awkward to use?

Its good, to the 2 psi iirc certainly never been a problem for me in the field. I think I even drove over on some long grass with the 90 once and just pulled it out the ground and wiped it off, it gets checked every six months and I don't think its needed calibrating yet.

I'd have no qualms about buying another to replace it put it that way.

Will.

A few years ago when I was looking for the same thing, I got one of these. At the time, it was significantly cheaper than the other type, and I was short of cash. It looks like the prices have evened up in the meanwhile but having has the dial type for some time now, I actually prefer it to the other type.

Have one of the pcl long ones, its great had it about 10 years now.

To read the pressure there are two lines offset on the glass, the idea is that the two lines align with your actual pressure reading. So as to offset for any view angle issues given any line marked on the glass and read off a moving dial or needle is relative to the angle it's viewed from.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Used it for the first time today. Realllllly nice to use. The air inlet is actually plastic which was surprising so will have to see how that holes up. Overall the unit seems well put together and solid. The dial drops off to zero when inflating, which seems strange but in reality isn't any different to my old one went right up to max when the trigger was held.

Nice to get a follow up!

How does the end that clips onto the valve feel, they look a little tinny to me but I can't imagine pcl selling something that doesn't work! I just ordered a pull back cast clip to go on the end of the mog airline but nearly went for the 'tin' one as they were cheaper....

Will.