P38 non starting headache

Grant.

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help me.

Got a p38 dse that will crank but will not start.

I have no fuel coming out of the injector pipes what so ever,and the pump in the tank isnt running either.

I can get the pump in the tank to run if I bridge the relay in the engine bay, but when you turn the key neither pump does anything, even the tank pump at position 2.

I was told that it will more than likely be that the BCM has lost its code, and I will have to re enter the code from the ECU into BCM. However, I also have no communication through the obd socket with any computer I have or have tried, have tried most computers. From snap on and Delphi, to proper all bells and whistles Bosch computers., but nothing will get in through the obd socket. I've been told that I may not be able to get in through the obd socket if the car is immobilised, so I would need the eka code. But I can't understand why I would need the eka code when the car still cranks? Or will the car still crank but not run? (Heard it won't do anything and basically becomes a paperweight till you enter the code! ?)

I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on this one, as I've tried now for days and I don't seem to be getting anywhere and I'm going grey now! ?

Thanks in advance

Grant

The car needs the link re-creating between the BECM and EDC engine ecu as already suggested. If the car cranks the BECM is already mobilised,so you dont need the EKA code. Your problem with non communication may be due to coolant leaking from the heater matrix o rings onto the wiring loom below it.Within the loom there is a splice which corrodes and causes high resistance to the comms line from the OBD socket to most of the ecu's around the car. From memory its pin 7 which was pink/red. I think only the EAS used a different pin in the OBD socket.

So easy enough to test with a multimeter on resistance setting,one end to pin 7,the other to the pink /red wire in the engine ecu.There should be little or no resistance.

Of course it could be something else,but apart from the fuse blowing in the underbonnet fuse box,the corroded splice or the OBD socket itself,(From blocked AC drains) was the main culprit...

The car needs the link re-creating between the BECM and EDC engine ecu as already suggested. If the car cranks the BECM is already mobilised,so you dont need the EKA code. Your problem with non communication may be due to coolant leaking from the heater matrix o rings onto the wiring loom below it.Within the loom there is a splice which corrodes and causes high resistance to the comms line from the OBD socket to most of the ecu's around the car. From memory its pin 7 which was pink/red. I think only the EAS used a different pin in the OBD socket.

So easy enough to test with a multimeter on resistance setting,one end to pin 7,the other to the pink /red wire in the engine ecu.There should be little or no resistance.

Of course it could be something else,but apart from the fuse blowing in the underbonnet fuse box,the corroded splice or the OBD socket itself,(From blocked AC drains) was the main culprit...

Indeed, you can clean up the connector, which is behind the RHS trim panel in the footwell. Water tends to come in through there and corrodes the connector.