grease

unfit

Must be me but I have never managed to use a grease gun without getting far more over me than in the nipple!

As for filling them - don't get me started, I've got one that you have to fill from a tub and one that takes cartridges but no matter what, they still won't pump grease and then suddenly explode it like a time delayed curry!

I'm OK with spanners, hammers I'm pretty good with, soldering and wiring yep, but grease guns - nah they just don't work.

Malcolm

I have the Milwaukee one, like the rest of their kit it's top notch. I bought it thinking it was abit of s gimmick bit I rarely ever use my manual one now vs at least twice a day for the Milwaukee. Extra long grease pipe is extremely useful.

As for normal grease guns for most uses a pistol grip flexi hose is ideal, look for either a wanner or agricultural make and make sure to get one with a decent bleed valve. John Deere do a decent one for about £35, likewise their premium or premium plus grease is good stuff and only about £3 a tube wich will last ages on a Landy but then I am slightly biased.....

Will.

• Like 1

Been thinking of delving into the world of battery grease guns recently. Any experience on here of good/bad ones?

A very long time ago we used air powered guns for bearings on conveyors - great till they break, then man they spread grease from pole to bloody pole! My favourite grease gun is a little brass 1950's one handed thing (I inherited it) that just does prop UJs and is bullet proof

I have Milwaukee drills and they are the mutts nuts.

Like the sound of a cordless Milwaukee grease gun. Our new big line at work has about 50 grease nipples and any time our guys can save in weekly maintenance is a massive bonus. Get the feeling they will be chuffed to bits when I order one.

Plus we use a grease gun, fitted with a pressure dial, in production day in day out for locking the nuts on rotational shafts every time there is a tooling change ( required about 8 times a day).

Will be ordering 2 and a few extra bits to fettle them.

Cheers

Barry

We had pneumatic grease guns at work that sat in a big bucket of grease. The mechanics hated them because folk would hold the trigger until they saw grease coming out of the seals.. Typically the kit was over greased. A major benefit of manual guns, especially with UJ's is that you can feel the point at which the grease has displaced the air and there is no room left.

A very long time ago we used air powered guns for bearings on conveyors - great till they break, then man they spread grease from pole to bloody pole! My favourite grease gun is a little brass 1950's one handed thing (I inherited it) that just does prop UJs and is bullet proof

I had one too until Fredrik the plank ran it over with the loader :(

Would love another if I ever found one.

Have been given a grease gun, so I will use it rather than waste money, so.....more qustions.

1. is all grease okay? it has MP lithium EP2- what ever this is in it, if it helps its brown!!

2. does anyone have a helpful photo of the nipples and their locations, the haynes manual is unhelpful, showing 3 (I think) on the props.

3. is it okay to over fill?