On going problem. Can anyone help please

Theviper1987

Right the problem I'm having is. Every now and again I get a miss/hiccup. The fuel pump relay clicks off and on instantly, the rev counter bounces and the lights on the ecu flashes off then back on. Some times it will keep running, some times it cuts out.

Iv put a multimeter to the relay and when it clicks

I'm getting 12v up the ignition wires(brown)

I loose the earth from the ecu,(not sure if i loose the earth or it spikes to a posative. it happens that fast I can't see that volts on the multimeter (blue/purple)

Which in turn I loose the 12v going to the coils and fuel pump.

I have disconnected the blue/purple wire from relay and put my own earth in to a earth on the dash, it then in turn stops the relay from clicking but the rev counter and lights on the ecu still do the same(it doesn't cut out but u do hear a change in engine tone). I thought it could be a dodgy vr sensor loosing signal or something but it's still the same after changing it.

All wiring to plugs and joins are solder so I doubt it's a dodgy crimp terminal somewhere.

Here is a list of bits I have changed;

Vr sensor

Edis8 module

ECU plug with the wires prewired in the plug

Ht leads

Spark plugs

I have also tried someone else's ecu with my map loaded on to it and still the same. Any help will be listened to.

• 5 months later...

another test for the clutch is rev at about 4k then try to pull away in 3rd it should stall

but it really doesnt sound like clutch more like plugs and leads possibly a sensor.. sounds like a cold problem...

let the car sit for about 10 mins before driving next time you need to do a fair distance 30mins or more driving and see if it occurs then?

another test for the clutch is rev at about 4k then try to pull away in 3rd it should stall

but it really doesnt sound like clutch more like plugs and leads possibly a sensor.. sounds like a cold problem...

let the car sit for about 10 mins before driving next time you need to do a fair distance 30mins or more driving and see if it occurs then?