Powered Sheet Rollers

Team Idris

I can think of at least 3 people I`d like to feed through there fingers, no, toes first!!!

You got a hire price inc cleaning?

Seriously, nice work, was wondering about getting some plate rolled for future project, might pop over with a 6 pack an borrow yours :)

It is a hand roller set that has had a motor shoved on at some point in history. It was on/off only and a bit lethal. The hard part was figuring out I needed a pair of mechanically-interlocked contractors so it couldn't go forward and backward at the same time. Once I knew such a part existed I was away on that side of making it move.

For safety I tried a rope all the way around the outside, but that just stretched before it pulled the switch. So I put two stop switches on the top of the metal box that holds the contractors. Then a rocker arm above those to a couple of bars that run the whole length front and back. If you nudge the bar it shoves one of the stop buttons or the other. They are the twist-to-release ones so the system works great and is super cheap. Lift or push down on the bars it always trips one or the other.

The twin foot pedals have an NC / NO switch each, so they can't send a double signal, only a forward or reverse comand. It's an extra protection and to save the contactors from interlocking.

We've got the press brake for fingers :) for something that moves that slow it is suprisingly exciting :D

Nigelw - It only does like 3mm 1050 ally. They are 2" rollers and they flex real bad.

There is a bigger set across Rugely at Adcam if you get stuck though. They are new and are quite the trick thing! I don't know how thick they go, but I can't imagine 3mm steel would be an issue.

GDM multi-bends plate in the press brake on thicker stuff. That's how I did my fancy swish rear cross member and front slam panel :)