LT-82 gearbox special tools

PeterA

Hi,

New to defenders and was wondering where one can get the special tools listed in the defender manuals

I currently own a 2007 defender fitted with a LT-82 gearbox. I am looking for the special tool that is used to refit the gear lever onto the transmission. The part code in the manual is 308-561 but up to now I haven't found a supplier. Is there a work round for not having the correct tool?

the reason for wanting this tool is that recently I had a clutch problem and had it repaired under warranty at the garage of purchase (some 100 miles away and not land rover agency) any way after they "fixed" the clutch the gear stick does not lay in between 3rd and 4th any more so I think they have not used the correct procedure for refitting the gear stick. I don't really want to have to take it back again if it is something I can do.

Try thishttp://workshop-manuals.com/ford/transit_2006.5_04.2006/mechanical_repairs/3_powertrain/308_manual_transmission-transaxle_clutch_and_transfer_case/308-00_manual_transmission-transaxle_and_clutch_general_information/diagnosis_and_testing/general_procedures/gearshift_cable_adjustment_vehicles_with_mt82-mt-75/

Not familiar with the MT 82 but it was fitted to a bunch of Ford vehicles, maybe a visit to local Ford service center to get a look at the actual tool? That transmission was also fitted to RWD transit vans and Ford Mustang so help from Ford should yield something.