Wheels and Tyres

Fish13

Hi guys,

Will be selling my Series 3 and a galvanised chassis before I come over, but I wanted to keep the BFG AT's and silver modulars off it.

Question is, will there be any problem me having these in the container when I come over? Just thinking that they have driven through mud etc over here and wondered if customs would panic about BSE or any other disease etc?

Is it a no-go? I know people have imported complete cars over etc...

Cheers,

Hugo.

Just make sure they have been thoroughly cleaned. If they look dirty at all, you will get charged for cleaning.

They will clean them at a charge of $450 so make sure they are worth more than that to you.

But apart from that no worries.

I bought a whole 90 into aus with no real problems

Thanks guys, good to know.

Even if they are spotless, do they clean them regardless and charge you $450? Or is it only if they look dirty? I.E. depends on the guy you get and if they want to make some quick cash out of you?

Just while I'm on, what's the offroading scene like out there? I'm flying on thursday for a week (get in Saturday to New Plymouth) and was wondering is it like Scotland with pay & play or like England with green lanes?

Cheers for help,

Hugo.

Thanks guys, good to know.

Even if they are spotless, do they clean them regardless and charge you $450? Or is it only if they look dirty? I.E. depends on the guy you get and if they want to make some quick cash out of you?

Just while I'm on, what's the offroading scene like out there? I'm flying on thursday for a week (get in Saturday to New Plymouth) and was wondering is it like Scotland with pay & play or like England with green lanes?

Cheers for help,

Hugo.

They will still clean them what ever you do to them.

Don't know about NZ but Aus you have to off road just to get to most places

There are hardly any pay and play places here.

There are lots of paper roads (unformed roads. Probably like "green lanes"). There are lots of forrests which access is easily gained. Lots of public areas to play in (just gotta know where). Best thing to do is to join a club, and also join up at www.offroadexpress.co.nz and find some other people in your area. Thats a good way to find some offroading spots.

How far do you have to travel in england to get offroad? Usually, its not very far here. Im not sure about New Plymounth though.

There are hardly and pay and play places here.

There are lots of paper roads (unformed roads. Probably like "green lanes"). There are lots of forrests which access is easily gained. Lots of public areas to play in (just gotta know where). Best thing to do is to join a club, and also join up at www.offroadexpress.co.nz and find some other people in your area. Thats a good way to find some offroading spots.

How far do you have to travel in england to get offroad? Usually, its not very far here. Im not sure about New Plymounth though.

Its not so much how far you have to travel ,as to the problem of the world and his wife trying everything they can do to stop you from going on Green Lanes . There is a massive and growing anti 4x4 lobby in the UK.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm in New Plymouth just now until Friday for a 'look see' visit to see how I like it and I'm loving it! The are is beautiful and the people are generally much more frinedly than in the UK.

In answer to the question of how far I have to drive to get offroading in the UK there is no such thing as green lanes, you have to either get permission or go to pay and play sites.

Thanks for the info about the tyres and clubs, definitely seems the thing to do.

I'll hopefully be back for good in February. Looking forward to it! Do any of you forum users in NZ have meets?

Cheers,

Hugo.