Forward control 2b

L19MUD

I've always thought that was a brilliant concept, a builders pickup for sites, a farm pickup with a full pallet width. Competing with the Isuzu truck cabs.

I never understood why JLR didn't go for it.

Now you've all pointed out the coils , a coil is partially visible under the front , should've looked a bit closer  . I've driven a Mazda 3.5 turbo and auto combo in a 4 door RRC years ago , very nice - so much grunt .

I wonder what steering set up is on the 110 FC Defender ?  

It is something that keeps rattling around in the potential project section of my head ...

cheers

Steve b

• 2 years later...
On 10/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, steve b said:

Now you've all pointed out the coils , a coil is partially visible under the front , should've looked a bit closer  . I've driven a Mazda 3.5 turbo and auto combo in a 4 door RRC years ago , very nice - so much grunt .

I wonder what steering set up is on the 110 FC Defender ?  

It is something that keeps rattling around in the potential project section of my head ...

cheers

Steve b

You might see this reply you may not but for those concerned. That purple bad boy was built my dad, Nigel Parris and yes he built it on a 110 chassis and on the coils.

It originally ran a 3.5 efi with 4 speed auto. Steering was all self thought and made up. Steering was a left hand drive box late 1980's VW Transporter ster ring gear box to send the shaft backwards to the drop arm shortened  90sterring Columb and also a shortened and modified brake pedal assembly and servo. Oh and the brake fluid reservoir was remote unit of a VW Beetle with new purpose machined pipe fittings to take the brake pipes. 

hope this helps anyone looking around. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maepar said:

You might see this reply you may not but for those concerned. That purple bad boy was built my dad, Nigel Parris and yes he built it on a 110 chassis and on the coils.

It originally ran a 3.5 efi with 4 speed auto. Steering was all self thought and made up. Steering was a left hand drive box late 1980's VW Transporter ster ring gear box to send the shaft backwards to the drop arm shortened  90sterring Columb and also a shortened and modified brake pedal assembly and servo. Oh and the brake fluid reservoir was remote unit of a VW Beetle with new purpose machined pipe fittings to take the brake pipes. 

hope this helps anyone looking around. 

Thread revival! Thanks for the info though. I am sure I have seen the purple one about at shows in the last few years.

Does your dad still have it?