RR Classic

ieatdonnaskebab

Hi can anyone help I have a 1990 V8 auto and I have just had the gearbox fluid changed, the old fluid was extremely dirty. The problem is that now when I pull up to a standstill and go to pull off again the box doesn't engage a gear and will rev and then drop into gear with a bang and seems to be ok then until I stop again, it will not engage any gears including putting into reverse. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Regards Anthony

Re-check the level , those are classic symptoms of low oil . It should be running in park or neutral with the handbrake on , having first selected D and R to ensure the valve body is full

cheers

Steveb

That was my experience too, did the fluid & filter, topped it to level but forgot to run through the gears before driving into town, cost me as much for 1ltr atf in tank station as I paid for 5 at motor factors :o