Extended wheel arches

Ozzy50

Hi ,looking at fitting extended wheel arches to cover bigger tyres on a 5 door 300 auto ,it is about to receive a +2 lift ,C/C arms ,1.4 t/box etc ,obviously i will need to cut out the arches but this time im looking at making a really nice job of it rather than the ,how can i put it ?,more off road orientated style i have done in the past !Anyone have experience of them and could recommend a good manufacturer to me please ,wanting the flexi plastic ones not fibresmash !,thanks in advance ,James

Flatdog flexi's are the go, some silicone and some thick strips of rubber to seal up the rear door gaps helps to make a neater job. Also some pinch weld to cover the inner door area.

Bit hard to see but the shot of the door open you can just make out the 10MM square rubber strip i siliconed into the opening to prevent water ingress.

IMG200.jpg

IMG201.jpg

IMG203.jpg

IMG204.jpg

IMG205.jpg

20150404_132914.jpg

Thank you Hangover ,I have seen the flatdog ones and thought they looked good ,nice neat install you did there ,just what I want to achieve . My previous experiences of cutting out arches have included hand flaring the arches on a 5 door classic (didn't look as bad as it sounds ) and using Jeep Cherokee(forgive me ) arches on a 5 door 200 TDI Disco ,both times to clear 33 inch tyres ,this time I am fitting 235/85/16 bfg at's (cos I have em ) ,probably with wheel spacers ,and I want to keep the motor neat and tidy like it is now ,plus the wife says I HAVE TO KEEP THE MOTOR NEAT AND TIDY LIKE IT IS NOW in case she has to use it ,in her words "you're not turning it into one of those sheds you usually drive "!. Thanks for the info ,James .