Cornish Rattler

Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Posted (edited)

I have LWB rims lying around will measure the with.

Did that they are 17.2 cm outside to outside
the have stamped 5.5F 16 33  in them.
I clearly measured the wrong distance as that boils down to 6,77 inch

Edited by xychix

Fitted the rad hoses today, just need to fab a bracket to support the bottom hose as its just proud of the front X member 

20180804_164213.jpg

20180804_164223.jpg

20180804_164229.jpg

20180804_164244.jpg

Just having a break from the 2a as i'm going away for a few days at the end of the month, then once i'm back I will be straight on it :)

Being as I can't go swinging ( metal detecting ) next week I've decided to buy a couple of bit's n bob's for the 2a, a set of S/steel nuts,bolts and washers for the new galved bulkhead support brackets and a PCL air riveter as I soon want to paint the bulkhead but first I need to rivet the blanking plates that came with the bulkhead to the n/s footwell where the pedalbox would go if it was L/H/D, and when I get to working on the tub I want to replace the Cappings aswell so the air riveter should be great for doing that :D

Didn't get chance to try the new riveter out on Saturday as I ended up going away for the weekend on the last minute but today I did and it was awesome, in the past I've always had problems with the normal hand riveter either with the riveter or the rivets them self's but this is great glad I got it now :D

Then after that I decided to replace the temporary bulkhead support bracket bolts with new Stainless Steel ones so that another job done :D

20180903_113326.jpg

20180903_113351.jpg

They stainless, or galv?

Ah, cool! I've galved mine.  But they were the original supports, and so are a bit corroded along the base, not like yours.

G.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, Gazzar said:

Ah, cool! I've galved mine.  But they were the original supports, and so are a bit corroded along the base, not like yours.

G.

Yeah I just think they look better galvanized :)

I don't like rust.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gazzar said:

I don't like rust.

Me neither, I also want to get a new galved screen frame, this one is ok but everything else is being replaced even the cappings so I mite aswell replace that aswell :)

I agree, having gotten the bumper redone, I regret not having done the bumperettes. 

I think I'll be getting a second trip to the galv plant.

I'll be getting the axles zinc sprayed, one of these days. . . 

G.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Gazzar said:

I agree, having gotten the bumper redone, I regret not having done the bumperettes. 

I think I'll be getting a second trip to the galv plant.

I'll be getting the axles zinc sprayed, one of these days. . . 

G.

Nice, I like the galv axles to but wasn't sure wether to have them done or not with this one :)

More riveting today as I noticed the heat shield was hanging off the n/s/wing due to 3 of the 4 rivets being missing so fitted 4 new rivets, then I decided to re-fit the wing stiffener to the same wing as I removed it to fit the intercooler a while back, then I removed the steel headlight bowls ready for painting :)