Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Cornish Rattler

Hard to get a datum on very much that's useful on the windscreen hinge, I'm afraid. I'll have another go later. 

Unless the camera is tricking me, I'd say that the bulkhead is tilted back at the moment, meaning the joint for the windscreen seal is too wide. Test fit a door maybe? The bulkheads almost always try to lean back, I've found. 

She's looking lovely, sure you're very proud! 

6 hours ago, lo-fi said:

Hard to get a datum on very much that's useful on the windscreen hinge, I'm afraid. I'll have another go later. 

Unless the camera is tricking me, I'd say that the bulkhead is tilted back at the moment, meaning the joint for the windscreen seal is too wide. Test fit a door maybe? The bulkheads almost always try to lean back, I've found. 

She's looking lovely, sure you're very proud! 

Yeah i will have a fresh look at it again once i get my doors.

The doors will show you where the alignment needs work, if any. Remember, you can shim the cappings up if the tops don't quite fit.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, Gazzar said:

Coming along nicely! 

Yeah I struggled a bit fitting them as although the rivets provided are long enough once everything has been pulled together they just wouldn't grip, also the original holes in the body was to big for the rivets so I ended up drilling fresh holes more or less the same size as the rivets and they worked well then, hope they will seal ok with the doors fitted but I dowt it :(:)

Not done much since fitting the door seals on Monday but I have made a Disco 2 dog guard to fit the 2a that I had from my Disco days, still need to fit a piece of plywood to yet for hanging my metal detector and stuff to, so once the 2a is back on the road I can start doing more beach metal detecting, I also stripped, cleaned and painted the pedal boxes and accelerator linkages ready for fitting once I've ordered more stuff when I next get paid :)

3 hours ago, Arjan said:

Very Nice !!

...and a lot of hard work..

Keep the momentum !

Yeah i was hopeing to get more done but spent most of the day fitting the rear door as i think the van sides i bought last year from billing was from an hard top fitted with a tailgate then who ever had them before me drilled the holes to fit a back door in the wrong place as they was about 1/2 an hole out so i had to keep filing the holes out and fitting the door till i got it right, but i got there in the end.