Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Cornish Rattler

Made another start on the 2a last weekend, split the roof from the sides and after lifting the roof off I removed the sides then undid the tub ready for when some came home from work to give us a lift to remove it off the chassis then son on his day off yesterday removed the front wings, this weekend I am hoping to get it to a bare chassis ready for the scrap man

Based on recent comments on the Forum of the Series 2 Club, if you can I suggest hanging on to the old chassis remains until after you have had the chance to compare bracket positions between the old and the new.

I'm a little surprised to see the steering relay in the scrap, also the rear grab handles, possibly even the rear tow bar arrangements should be saved.

Regards.

Based on recent comments on the Forum of the Series 2 Club, if you can I suggest hanging on to the old chassis remains until after you have had the chance to compare bracket positions between the old and the new.

I'm a little surprised to see the steering relay in the scrap, also the rear grab handles, possibly even the rear tow bar arrangements should be saved.

Regards.

The tow bar is an home made affair, the grab handles are coming off and the relay is quite stiff and notchie so will need replacing

OK, providing they are conscious decisions, not oversights, that's all I wanted to ensure.

No prob's dave think it was just too hot in there and i just wanted to get everything out so i could have a good sweep up but realised i had left them on but i had put everything away by then so i will get them off in the week ready for the new chassis :)

I do :-)

I don't think I'm a million miles from you? - I'm near Preston.

I would have sent you a private message - but I saw your post that your having trouble with them.

Yeah i can send PM's but can't receive them so if you want to come over on either Saturday or Monday ( my days off ) i will cut them off for you ( F.O.C.) if you can i will PM you with address and mobile number

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...