If you value this forum's future please support us
Cornish Rattler

Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Finished off stripping the bulkhead down today and covered it up outside out of the way to give me a bit more room in the garage, I also met Romahomepete and his son as he came to collect the 2a engine I had advertised in the for sale section which was nice to see another forum member as we chatted about our landy's and help out a fellow member in need of a part ( engine ) I didn't need ;)

Whilst I was cleaning my log burning stove out ready for winter I decided to get the 2a rolling chassis out and do some better pic's rather than seeing it in the garage all the time :)

2011-11-09 01.33.28.jpg

2011-11-09 01.33.42.jpg

2011-11-09 01.33.53.jpg

2011-11-09 01.34.05.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mudmonkey said:

Looks good Graham. Really enjoying this build  :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

Cheer's Mudmonkey, yeah its getting there slowly but now the 90 is out of the way it should speed up a bit now :)

Arjan    68

Really, really nice !

Love this build

Arjan    68

May I ask...

2017-09-12 = Welke stekker komt hier.jpg

Obviously, a socket but I have not seen one yet...

Edited by Arjan

Peaklander    50

I think all the Marsland chassis are supplied with the TD5 rear crossmember and have that hole for the tow electric socket.

Edited by Peaklander
Added TD5 reference

54 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

I think all the Marsland chassis are supplied with the TD5 rear crossmember and have that hole for the tow electric socket.

Defs have the td5 rear X member on all chassis but this is the S2a chassis with a std rear X member but as you say the hole is for an earlier plug socket which I vaguely remember mainly on S1's and early S2a's 

2 hours ago, Arjan said:

Really, really nice !

Love this build

Cheers Arjan, yeah I need to order the rear 24 spline half shafts and flanges and a couple of other things for now just to finish off the axles off plus fill up with oil aswell then move onto the steering next month as sons wedding is slowing me down ATM, the sale of the 90 paid for the wedding but I still have other stuff to sort out for the wedding for myself as the wedding is in Cyprus 

Peaklander    50

Hi Cornish, you are such a polite guy and I'm such a p*&&^%$. I know it's a Series but don't know why I referred to a Defender!

It's looking great by the way.

3 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Hi Cornish, you are such a polite guy and I'm such a p*&&^%$. I know it's a Series but don't know why I referred to a Defender!

It's looking great by the way.

Cheer's mate

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Arjan said:

May I ask...

2017-09-12 = Welke stekker komt hier.jpg

Obviously, a socket but I have not seen one yet...

They was fitted before the universal socket came out and is also the reason the wiring loom between the o/s rear lights to the tow plug needs extending as the original loom just went to where the old style socket was fitted although newer replacement looms probably now cater for the later plug normally fitted around the tow ball area.

Arjan    68

Thank You !