Rattler and son 1971 S11a swb Restoration

Cornish Rattler

I have LWB rims lying around will measure the with.

Did that they are 17.2 cm outside to outside
the have stamped 5.5F 16 33  in them.
I clearly measured the wrong distance as that boils down to 6,77 inch

Edited by xychix

• 3 weeks later...

Being as I can't go swinging ( metal detecting ) next week I've decided to buy a couple of bit's n bob's for the 2a, a set of S/steel nuts,bolts and washers for the new galved bulkhead support brackets and a PCL air riveter as I soon want to paint the bulkhead but first I need to rivet the blanking plates that came with the bulkhead to the n/s footwell where the pedalbox would go if it was L/H/D, and when I get to working on the tub I want to replace the Cappings aswell so the air riveter should be great for doing that :D

Didn't get chance to try the new riveter out on Saturday as I ended up going away for the weekend on the last minute but today I did and it was awesome, in the past I've always had problems with the normal hand riveter either with the riveter or the rivets them self's but this is great glad I got it now :D

Then after that I decided to replace the temporary bulkhead support bracket bolts with new Stainless Steel ones so that another job done :D

20180903_113326.jpg

20180903_113351.jpg

I agree, having gotten the bumper redone, I regret not having done the bumperettes. 

I think I'll be getting a second trip to the galv plant.

I'll be getting the axles zinc sprayed, one of these days. . . 

G.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Gazzar said:

I agree, having gotten the bumper redone, I regret not having done the bumperettes. 

I think I'll be getting a second trip to the galv plant.

I'll be getting the axles zinc sprayed, one of these days. . . 

G.

Nice, I like the galv axles to but wasn't sure wether to have them done or not with this one :)

More riveting today as I noticed the heat shield was hanging off the n/s/wing due to 3 of the 4 rivets being missing so fitted 4 new rivets, then I decided to re-fit the wing stiffener to the same wing as I removed it to fit the intercooler a while back, then I removed the steel headlight bowls ready for painting :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, Anderzander said:

Any news ? 😊

Yeah we had a bit of bad news over Christmas, read up on fb that from 1/1/2019 Syncro gearboxes are no longer doing work on series gearboxes only supplying kits so i've spoken to J Bouhmonts about them overhauling my gearbox and building and fitting an h/r transferbox kit from Ashcroft which i have just ordered so once it arrives we can take the comp gearbox inc the h/r transferbox kit to boughmonts for them to do:)

6 hours ago, Tim_NZ said:

I fitted one of the Ashcrofts HR kits to my SIII 88" and don't really like it. If I were to do it again I would probably fit a roamerdrive overdrive instead. Just my 2c.... Cheers, Tim

I’ve heard that before - a chap with a series 1 sold off the box and went back to a standard one with a overdrive too.

I think for the 2.25p engine it is to high but for peeps with a tdi / V8 fitted the ashcroft transfer box would be more suited to it, with mine i've fitted Def diffs aswell as i was hopeing to be fitting an o/d but found out you can't so it will be interesting how the ashcroft transfer box goes with the extra gearing but i've still got the original diffs to fall back on if i'm not happy with the gearing, it sure would have bèen good if i could fit an o/d to the ashcroft tranny box as i could have used it as a splitter box but hay ho.