Advice on building a bench...

Maverik

Looks incredibly smart Mav, now do yourself a favour and get a man-size vice ;-)

Actually, I'm curious...you appear to have sacrificed a lot of bench space to park your topchest? Are you thinking that the base unit will therefore be more mobile and you can wheel your tools to the job?

Matt

Now the vice.... I'm actually surprised no one said something earlier... That vice has travel with me for 10yrs from garage to garage and only a handful of times have I wanted something bigger, so figured that will be the one to go forward with. If the opportunity arises to acquire summet bigger then it should be pretty straight forward swapping it over.

Regarding tools.. I actually use the top as my bolt storage.. And bottom are main tools.

Until I work something else out for my nuts and bolts it kinda works. But it does suck up my bench space I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry I missed this. 900mm in the end, seems a good compromise so far.

So on vice front... payment for doing some towing... I think it's too big... takes up the whole flippin bench... I might make it removable...

post-20087-0-09605500-1460313653_thumb.jpg