Will 205's get me under the barrier ?

Hi guys

My 90 is fitted with a + 2'' lift and 265/75 x 16 tyres and the 90 stands at 6'9'', the barrier at my local tip is set at 6'6'' so the 90 won't go under and have been going to where the wagons go and use the weighbridge which is ok but they only allow you to go twice a day where as if the 90 could go under the barrier I can go there as many times as I want.

so i am thinking as i have a spare set of wheels would fitting 205 / 55 x 16 tyres get me under the barrier ?

just stop outside the tip and put some ratchet straps between axle and chassis compressing the spring, much qwicker than swapping wheels.

note: im not saying this is safe for driving distance and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for road use, its just how I get in the tip :)

just stop outside the tip and put some ratchet straps between axle and chassis compressing the spring, much qwicker than swapping wheels.

note: im not saying this is safe for driving distance and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for road use, its just how I get in the tip :)

Will I get away with just doing the back axle rather than both axles

possibly it depends on how high your truck is at what points,

mine is a pick up so the rear is higher, when It has the ifor back on I just slide under the barrier at my local Halfords I reckon im about 2" too high for the barrier but it just compresses the springs as I slide under the barrier haha

possibly it depends on how high your truck is at what points,

mine is a pick up so the rear is higher, when It has the ifor back on I just slide under the barrier at my local Halfords I reckon im about 2" too high for the barrier but it just compresses the springs as I slide under the barrier haha

Ok it sounds like a good plan so i will give it a go during Easter as i am off then :i-m_so_happy:

I used to have to loop the winch cable under the vehicle on to the tow hitch to pull it down to get under the barrier for the car park at work - that worked pretty well and I didn't even have to get out the cab to raise / lower.

Si

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheer's cookie64 i managed to get the 90 under the barrier today by doing what you suggested and as mine is fitted with a 300tdi / V8 rear axle i hooked onto the torsion bar brackets on the axle and over the chassis and got it down to 6' 5'', well chuffed :i-m_so_happy:

• Like 1