110 brake upgrade?

You RHD guys should fit the Disco double diaphragm servo if in need of a replacement. It should provide a good 25% increase in boost over the defender one. Properly working Defender brakes should be very good.

Red 90. Can you tell me more about the Disco double diaphragm upgrade?

I have a 300tdi disco that I could 'borrow' the servo from. Will the 110 master cylinder bolt straight on or will I need to keep the Disco M/C?

Found this on the net regarding discovery servo and defender mc on to a series.

http://www.nickslandrover.co.uk/braking-sorted/

I have checked and the servo/mc on the disco 300tdi that i plan to use. It has two pipe outputs so i may not need to use the defender mc after all? I was also thinking of replacing the 'safety' valve on my early 110 setup with the discovery balance valve.

Be interested what others have tried.

I have scrapped at least fifteen 200/300tdi defenders. Every single one of them without exception with the later type servo has had a faulty servo with hairline crack in the usual place. Sometimes these will hold a vacuum but as soon as the pedal is pressed the crack opens up at the vacuum is lost.

Interesting. I have a 1987 ex-military 110 diesel and it had exactly those symptoms. When I replaced the servo, I looked into the old one and was amazed at the size of the broken plastic bits inside! The new servo is great. In fact, the whole braking system (disc/drums, like the original poster) is powerful and progressive and very even. Just good maintenance really.