V8 90 pipework

mcc1979ian

Yup I can help

Please put up a few pics and a simple list of what water "Holes / Tubes / Outlets / inlets" you currently have and I'll join the dots for you !

Been there done that - several times - you'll prob need a few bits and bobs but I can point you to where to go for them . getthem / ask for !

Nige

I used a few standard V8 Defender hoses cut & joined using an eBay ali fan switch/temp sensor insert as they were the cheapest way of getting a nice beaded hose joiner!

From memory the top hose was pretty much bang on anyway, the bottom hose may've been a single bottom hose cut & rotated slightly or it might've been two bottom hoses cut & joined, wasn't much to it anyway.

If its a gems 4.6, fit a stat into the inlet manifold, take the heater feed from the inlet manifold side and tee the heater return into the bottom hose. The rest is simple, one pipe from the outlet to the top of the rad, lower hose needs a tee for the header tank as well.

Does your rad have twin bleed pipe ports? If so one from the throttle body to rad and then rad to expansion tank.

Or one port: tee the throttle body and rad to the expansion tank.

That small bore pipe coming from the lower plenumn will be ideal to hook up to the brake servo.

I don't know what temp stat you're going to run but fit it in the front of the inlet manifold like on the earlier v8's and ditch the remote stat.

• Like 1

OK

To plumb up the water system :

Top hose

Goes from front of end where stat lives to the top of radiator.

Then, hose from Water Pump goes to bottom of radiator, cut this hose and hava feed via a T piece the feed goes up to the header tank. On the RHS of the Inlet manifold near inj 1 / CTS small pipe connect to one of the 2 small take offs top of radiarot.

The other small feed goes to header tank.

Now,

Heater.

You should have 1 x 19mm take off at the front area of the inlet - this goes and connect to one of the heater matrix pipes, the other heater pipe need to connect into the pipe which is the bottom hose IE anotgher T piece.

I used a late 3.9 RR Tiwn pipe unit that goes across the top of the drover rocker cover - may have one if you wnat - this also has the bleed screw in it which helps get the system air free :D

Hope this helps, its a start !

Nige

• Like 1