Disco 2 Tyres

Wes

Hi All. Its time to put some new boots on the Disco. I only do about 6k a year. 3 or 4 moterway trips of about 70k each way

plus towing a muck trailer across wet and muddy fields 2 or 3 times. The rest is local use. I am not going to buy tyres just because they are cheap but at the same time dont want to pay top wack. Any recommendations apprieciated.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

I've got BFG All Terrains on mine and I'm yet to get stuck, only had the ban 2 weeks but I've been to some places with them! Just keep gripping!

AT's are ok, and assuming you have the new tread pattern they look a lot better than the old one. But for serious off road use on wet grass/mud they get out matched very easily.

Not taking anything away from your setup. Just trying to add a dose of reality to the mix.

If you drive on muddy conditions often, then a more aggressive MT will work a lot better and be less damaging, as you won't have as much wheel spin and sideways movement.

Hi All. Its time to put some new boots on the Disco. I only do about 6k a year. 3 or 4 moterway trips of about 70k each way

plus towing a muck trailer across wet and muddy fields 2 or 3 times. The rest is local use. I am not going to buy tyres just because they are cheap but at the same time dont want to pay top wack. Any recommendations apprieciated.

Wes

This really depends on how much additional off road use they will get. By the sounds of it, it seems to be mostly road use? And do you have a definition of "top whack"?

I quite like running MT's myself. And if you aren't doing massive road miles or long high speed distances, then some remoulds with a good tread pattern will work great. But will be a compromise on the road.