joint registered keepers Pros and Cons?

Oakmaster

I'm buying a 1st car for my daughters (actually they have had a S1 and a S2 since they were 10 and 14- but they seem uninsurable)

I was thinking of naming them both as joint registered keepers (as opposed to me) what are the Pros and Cons?

cheers

I don't think, in fact I'm pretty sure, that you cannot have two registered keepers, what you will need to do to allow other people to drive any vehicle that shows you as the registered keeper on the V5C registration document is to add their names to your insurance policy allowing them to drive your vehicle, 'named drivers'. You may save a little money but the extra premium you will have to pay for named drivers will not be significant, especially if those you are adding are under 25. Your insurance Company will be best to advise you.

• Like 1

I'm buying a 1st car for my daughters (actually they have had a S1 and a S2 since they were 10 and 14- but they seem uninsurable)

I was thinking of naming them both as joint registered keepers (as opposed to me) what are the Pros and Cons?

cheers

Did you, by any chance, hear a bloke down the pub say having two registered keepers was a sure way to get off speeding tickets?

Apologies if that's not what crossed your mind, but it is one of the tales that seem to do the rounds, along with having your dog as registered keeper.

By the way, you can't and it isn't. :lol:

• Like 1

Is a dog a legal entity ? Many years ago, around 2007 shortly after my ex and I had amicably separated I had to go to the local council to register my new address for election purposes, here I should point out that voting in all elections in Australia is compulsary, you cop a heavy fine for not voting! In filling out the forms and out of sheer boredom (the queue was endless) I filled out another form citing Mr and Mrs Hamish and Morag MacTavish - the two West Highland terriers jointly owned by my ex and I.

Some months later I received and very annoyed phone call from the ex wanting me to explain how our two dogs had been each sent a fine for failure to vote at the recent council elections - so much for their checking :hysterical:

• Like 1