P38 temperature yet again

Simon_CSK

Have been using my P38 for a month after the Disco broke down. Never any problems at all although I did have a overflow issue that the garage ok'do

Today again ok apart from a very temporary blip but because it is a V8 Range Rover I am very caution about over heating. I had been out in the car done 24 miles and returned home for paperwork. Left again got about 75 yards from the house and the red warning light came on. Immediately did a UK turn to go home and the light went back to normal and never moved again even after another 80 miles.

After turning round I went home to check it out and the water level was perfect,

Should note that it is a 4.6 V8

Anything to worry about?

Though the water level looks OK, it will often fall when hotter due to hose expansion.

I suspect you still have a small leak somewhere.... torch + car creeper and have a good look for coolant staining.