Where do you hide yours

skauldy

MIne is under the driver's seat - 1998 Series 1 Discovery and an ARB twin cylinder air compressor, I have a reservoir - (an "old" truck air tank) mounted under the floor strapped to the chassis rail, it works very well.

The on/off switch and hose connection are mounted on the plastic seat base and the hose and accessories fit under the seat with the compressor

Mine is mounted on the engine, in the spot where you usually put the air conditioner pump (300tdi), the 5 gallon tank for it is under the back wheel arch on the left, the switch for it is on the middle dash console, the pressure dial for it is attached to the centre cubby box. It's on a pressure switch, that is in the tank and stops the pump when the pressure gets to 140psi, and starts the pump when it falls under 100psi.

MIne is under the driver's seat - 1998 Series 1 Discovery and an ARB twin cylinder air compressor, I have a reservoir - (an "old" truck air tank) mounted under the floor strapped to the chassis rail, it works very well.

The on/off switch and hose connection are mounted on the plastic seat base and the hose and accessories fit under the seat with the compressor

Ah I like the idea of the old truck tank. Forgot all about those

Mines mounted to the engine next to my 2nd Alternator. It started life as an aircon pump. I think a receiver will be mounted under the passenger rear wheel arch. The land rover is a 110 station wagon though, not a truck cab.

Mine is mounted on the engine, in the spot where you usually put the air conditioner pump (300tdi), the 5 gallon tank for it is under the back wheel arch on the left, the switch for it is on the middle dash console, the pressure dial for it is attached to the centre cubby box. It's on a pressure switch, that is in the tank and stops the pump when the pressure gets to 140psi, and starts the pump when it falls under 100psi.

Guys would you's ever wade and worry about the compressor how rugged are they. I understand the intake for the comp would want to be mounted high.

Badger what do you think of the 5 gallon take. Is it too big or just right. I like the pressure switch idea.

Although I have a "smallish" electric pump in the back (110 HT) I like the idea of using the airco pump space in the engine to fit a "belt driven" one.

I tried to find more on this with the search but not much came up : any suggestions where to look please ?

The 5 gallon is ok, one longer term problem is its position, it gets splattered by the rear wheel with whatever and that has caused the paint to wear off and its gone all rusty. This could be solved with something shielding it, and its on the list of things to fix...

Pressure switch works great, just flick the switch to turn on the pump and it will automatically keep the pressure up for whatever you are doing, the annoying bit is that the engine needs to be running. Half of me wants to install an electric one too, but it ok really.

Yeah, the air intake is at the end of a metal right angled pipe that is off the back of the pump, I put one of those small K&N filters on it. It would be better if the pipe went up higher, but then that also problematic as you don't want water getting into it either (rain/snow). one fix could be to put a stop in the air intake line, or a cover over the intake if you think your gonna wade higher then the bonnet. But even if you are wading higher then the bonnet, you will be moving forward and the bow wave will help.

Mine used to be behind the seats, in a hard top like Mo. However I now keep it on the workshop floor as it occurred to me while doing some work a little while back that I couldn't remember the last time I used it and so I took it out.

I don't air down tyres for more extreme off-roading or the like or have air lockers or anything so couldn't see a benefit in having it in there all the time. I can always put it in a box in the back if I'm travelling somewhere where I think I am likely to need to air up/down the tyres.