Hi there I'm in the proses of buying a 110 on a 2007 plate hardtop

In the past I have had a 300 tdi disco and a freelander and moving on to a defender and currently drive a c4 grand Picasso with the Mrs don't judge me plz. But what I found with the defender it felt like a short shift in to all gears and that they are close together is this normal on a defender or is me just changing over from a family car there was no noise clunks or rattle from the box and all felt good it was just the short shift that had me concerned the dealer said that's a defender thanks for anyhelp

Well I wouldn't say post 2007 Defenders had a short throw on the gear lever, while it's certainly tighter through the gates than some of the earlier boxes I'd say it still feels on the truck side of things rather than a car - if that makes sense? They do vary so if everything operates normally then so be it, the only sure way to tell is try driving other examples or get someone who has done so to test the one you are interested in :)

Edited by Happyoldgit
Rubbish grammar and spelling!